Saturday, January 7, 2012

I forgot about this meal - "Russian Peasant" Soup

I do apologize if I sound rude to the Russians, but I call this soup my Russian Peasant soup, filled with cabbage and bit of bacon, pork balls (yes I said I would cut down on processed foods but bacon, pork balls and octopus balls are things I considered my "soul food") lurking around the surface like flotsam. 

I just think that my favorite Mr Piggy goes well with cabbage *drools*, which I am glad as a big non-fan of cabbage. 

Actually I cooked this back in cold December and forgot to blog about it. Perhaps because of the prawns which I do not eat. B1 complained that I would not cook prawns because I do not care for them. So I agreed that I would cook them if he would peel them. We even argued on how much peeling he would do (he wanted to merely strip the heads, but I made him strip off the legs and the body leaving only the tail, then gingerly holding each prawn by the body with a pair of tongs I cut away the dirty black vein *I am fastidious to the last*). I cooked them with butter, chinese wine, lots of pepper and salt, and had to stare at the prawns in order to tell whether they were cooked just right. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment