Friday, January 13, 2012

BiBimBap (비빔밥)

I was looking through the photos on this blog and I realized that I either did not transfer all the posts (of my cooking at the new house) over from nibblezware, or I forgot to post some of them in the first place.

This was one of the first dishes I cooked at my new kitchen. I saw that the tofu auntie at the wet market was selling those giant bean sprouts, which are a absolute delight in bibimbap. I am quite a fussy eater in that I do not like to eat those tiny bean sprouts unless their tails and heads are removed. For these big headed ones, I don't mind the heads, but will still remove the tails.
This bibimbap contains cucumbers, carrots (both of which I blanched quickly), shredded egg, beef tossed with onions and garlic and my giant bean sprouts. To make the sauce for this is very simple, buy the readymade chilli paste from any decent Korean market and mix it with miso and water. Boil and dump on top (I usually pepper mine for extra kick). Yummz.

No comments:

Post a Comment