Sunday, January 8, 2012

Part 1 of "I CRAVE for Cinnamon Buns" - Measurements are stupid

Especially those conversions from American cups to British grams. Drives me nuts everytime. And the conversion is different for different kinds of ingredients. And I think I just got the amount wrong for brown sugar and cinnamon power which I need for my cinnabuns.

See what I have to put up with? Recipe says 0.5cups white sugar, 1 cup brown sugar and 4.5 cups flour.

In the metric kitchen, I am told white sugar = 100g, brown sugar = 180g and flour 120X4.5 = 540g. While allrecipes.com says white sugar = 100g, brown sugar = 220g and flour 128X4.5 = 576g. I gave up and chose to chuck in 176+300g flour. Hmm still sticky.  Poured the baby out onto a floured surface and massaged the hell out of it while I thought evil thoughts about people I don't like (this is why I am developing a love for baking bread, I can knead out all my frustrations. People should just save money visiting therapists. Just give them some dough and tell them to knead the hell out of the mother fucker) until the dough sits obediently on the table. At this point, B1 came in seeking his bier and was alarmed to see me pounding the dough on the kitchen surface, which he claims might not be very clean (then you should have made it clean when you were washing up just now *sour*). I pointed out that both of us didn't die the other time when I made my crusty loaf, so we will be just as fine now.

I have used up my dough but I still have the cinnamon-brown sugar mixture. Pissed. What a waste of ingredients. I tried to pour more of the mixture onto individual buns, but I now realize I may cause the damn thing to burn. Stupid!!!!

More on the cinnamon buns later when I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment