Monday, January 2, 2012

Chinese Fried Chicken

While I did not follow the recipe exactly (I never do, at most I try to get the right ingredients), I was delighted to realize that corn flour and plain flour make the chicken tender yet delicately crispy. Yumz

The ginger adds a piquant kick to the chicken. I like ginger and did not have a electric dicer, so I just cut the ginger thinly and mixed it into the chicken. Without removing the ginger, I deep fried the chicken. This recipe gets a 5/5 from me~!


Marinade
7.5 cm ginger of juice (discard the pulp)
3 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons soya sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
ground pepper
salt

Coating
1/4 or 35g all purpose flour
1/4 or 35g cornstarch

Marinate the chicken overnight then coat the chicken next day and fry.

[source: Easy Chinese Recipes by Bee Yinn Low]

No comments:

Post a Comment