Monday, January 23, 2012

Crispy thin pizza

I've been sick since Friday, which sucks because it is the Chinese New Year weekend.Wasted two days of my life clutching my head. I hate migraines. But yesterday I recovered just enough to play stonewall w my favorite guys =D.

I made this for lunch on Sunday before B1 and I split up to go to our own individual reunion dinners. We will need to think about what to do next year. sigh. I was aching to bake after the very easy beer bread that gave me no release =D or satisfaction.

 I am very ashamed to say... I forgot where I got this recipe from. I tend to scribble the details very quickly on the post-it, and this is all that I got...


recipe

1 tsp sugar  + 1 pkg dry yeast
0.5 cup warm water (the warm bathwater kind of temperature)
1-1.5 cup flour

0.25tsp salt
2 tsp corn meal


Rise 1 hour, 230 degree Celsius oven. 10 min cook dough, 10 min cook ingredients on dough.



Dissolve the sugar and the yeast into the warm water and let it sit for 5 minutes.
Measure 1.5 cup but only pour in 1 cup. You can use the 0.5 cup for the flour surface. Knead 5 minutes.
 At least I got to pummel some with this dough.

Let it rise 1 hour or till 2x size in a warm environment with minimum air? I dumped it inside the microwave oven (not yet preheated).

I scattered the cornmeal all over the baking tin. I started preheating the oven at the point. Note to self, oven is a temperamental bitch. I will have to minus 20 degree Celsius for every recipe, or encounter burnt dough, like my earlier episodes. I also had burnt dough for this pizza but thankfully I was standing around preparing my ingredients this time and not playing CoH so I managed to catch the dough before it burnt very much. Sigh.
 I used my hands to roll out the dough to a thin, thin pancake. Notice my fat fingerprints around the sides.
I dumped black olives (I discovered I have a mad love for olives), baby tomatoes, mozarella, parmesan and bacon, which I fried beforehand. Instead of a tomato base, I spread the dough (after 10 minutes in the oven, with much misadventure) with cream cheese. before I scattered the ingredients on top.

It was quite delish, except because of the oven, I wasn't able to crisp out the entire pizza. Still B1 and I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment