Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chinese Love letters [Updated!!!]

This was an epic fail of sorts. First, I don't have the necessary equipment (as usual), then I was paranoid that the mixture was too liquid, so added some flour... which ironically turned it to a delicious crepes. But there are only so many rolled up crepes that you can eat before you get sick. The rest of it has been unceremoniously dumped into the freezer until one lazy morning where I will use it to make waffles or pancakes. B1 was the one who gave me the idea while he was deep in thought after consuming one. I thought he has been sucked into BF3 as usual when he uttered "damn things taste like waffles..."





Just to let you know how off the mark I was, here is how real edible Chinese love letters look like:
Source of image comes from Jen's World. I am inserting the url in case I am crazy to do attempt 2 at the love letters. You may never know... besides my original recipe was a modified one from another site (which I forget). My constant adaption of recipes are causing some fun ass hits and misses. You should ask B1. 

<u>Updated!!!</u>
I made pancakes for breakfast using the remaining mix. It tastes fantastic with honey, awful with apple sauce. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment