Thursday, March 15, 2012

Deeper Shades of Purple - Purple carrots anyone?

I came across the purple carrots at the supermarket. I couldn't resist buying them. It's strange really, I grew up eating carrots because my mother always puts it in her cooking. She always said (nowadays it's Vater who cooks) "carrots are good for your eyes. Look, the bunny rabbit does not wear glasses." What fucking bull, which animal wears glasses, other than Man?

That said, now I feel a strange sense that all is right with the world when I open the fridge and see carrots inside. I cooked one of the carrots in a niku jaga (though I cheated and used pork slices instead of beef, we are poor people after all). It made everything purplish grey. But trust me, Mr Purple Carrot tastes as good as his orange brother =D.

No comments:

Post a Comment