Thursday, March 15, 2012

2nd attempt at my Italian Bread - Simple Sandwich lunch

This is my second attempt at the same recipe. I totally love this bread. This time I put 60% bread flour and 40% plain flour, and I wasn't so industrious to mist the bread with water for 3 times within the first 10 minutes.
The bread turned out more chewy with a thicker crust, B1 tried a piece after it cooled, and immediately returned the bread to me. However I realized that zapping Mr Bread in the Microwave restored it to its soft yumminess.
So holey! I like!
I like the denser crumb, but I preferred the other attempt. I made sandwiches again, this time for lunch with chips, with strawberries and grapes with Sahne for afters.
I am not sure how else to get rid of the cream. Should I play lick the frosties with B1? =D haha.

I forgot to mention that I made my own hamburger patties. Well, everyone uses beef in their patties. I use mincemeat. I should borrow a book on 50 ways to eat mince. I have been buying a lot of mince because it's cheap, but I am realizing that the pre-minced meat could contain miscellaneous mysterious piggy (hopefully mostly piggy) part.

I added panko and basil and thyme as well as the usual seasonings and shaped them into little patties which I then fried. It was pretty yummy between the bread, especially after I spread some brie on the toasted bread. Yumz.

No comments:

Post a Comment