Friday, August 24, 2012

Veggies from Mutter's Garden

Mutter popped by last week, bringing with her loads of veggies in ugly ass plastic bags (recycled from grocery shopping)  from her garden. As I mentioned before, Mutter's friend rents a plot of land where all the auntie friends can set up their own little subplots and grow whatever they want.

Pouring everything out onto the table, I was delighted to find around six kinds of vegetables. Edamame (I was so excited, I drove to the plot and stole one of the plants), kangkong (well, I only found one thick old stalk), lady fingers, sweet potato leaves, baby caixin (so badly starved that they were as thin as sticks) and red spinach (or I hope it is)
There were so much of some of the vegetables, that it took me two hours to wash off the dirt and sort them out. We had to get rid of most of them in 2 steamboat meals, where B1 later complained that the vegetables were so tough and indigestible that he was passing them in their original form (TMI, so have to hide). 
I have no idea what this is, I just pray it is not a weed
Kangkong - one lone stalk

No comments:

Post a Comment