Thursday, December 29, 2011

Starchy Corn soup with Chicken 甜玉米羹

I made Thai mango salad. I think the uncle at the market conned me of my $$. How can two tiny raw mangoes cost more than a big ripe mango? *sulks* I ban the uncle.

I overdid the chilli though, and the heat of the mango salad struck our tongues badly. This will teach me a lesson putting three chillis into the salad. Ow.

I remembered fondly the stallholder at one of my ala maters who used to cook a mean corn soup. Love their hot starchy chicken with corn soup. It is a no-brainer and takes a really short time to cook. You just need to dump a can of starchy corn into a pot of chicken stock and chicken slices (I like having dark meat in the soup). When it boils, you just pour in some corn starch to thicken the soup before drizzling some beaten eggs into the soup. Pepper then drink drink drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment