Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hokkaido White Chocolate Cookies

Hokkaido White Chocolate Cookies [img source: The Traveling Hungry Boy]
I have always been fascinated by this white chocolate cookies ever since Mutter brought a box home from her Japan trip with Vater. The cookies came with two loving pussy cats, and was light in taste with a melt-in-your-mouth quality.

Today I was reading "Popular Cakes in Hong Kong" when I cam across this recipe for said cookies. Don't look as pretty but I hope anyone who reads this, please give it a try and tell me how is the recipe? Maybe I could do it as part of Xmas presents (provided I am not exhausted. I am very easily tired nowadays).

Ingredients
Cookie Dough
60g butter, 40g icing sugar, 4g emulsifier
30g egg whites, 20g sugar, 60g low gluten flour (低筋)
  
Chocolate filling
100g white chocolate, 40g whipping cream

Method
Chocolate filling
Bring whipping cream to boil. Add white chocolate to melt. Rest at room temperature for one hour.

Cookie Dough
Soften butter at room termperature. Cream emulsifier and icing sugar until pale yellow and slightly fluffy.
Whisk egg whites and icing sugar when peaked.
Sieve flour and stir in soft butter. GHold in egg white by twice to combine.

Spread egg white batter on slit mat. Place in preheated oven. Bake at 160 degree celsisu for 10-15min.

Assembly
Pipe chocolate filling on biscuit. Top with another biscuit. Press slightly

No comments:

Post a Comment